How a U.S. Law Firm Doubled its OrganicTraffic in 3 Months Flat
What was the challenge?
During the past three months, our client, one of the top law firms in the U.S., has noticed aconsistent drop in website traffic and reach. After this fall, they approached us to assist inidentifying the issues and improving their traffic. In less than three months, we increasedtraffic and achieved a positive ROI for the client.
The first step was benchmarking the key SEO parameters to compare the data from thesubsequent months. The baseline was taken in June 2022.
Facing a Challenge
Steps Were Taken For Optimizing SEO
1) On-Page SEO optimization -
On-page optimization refers to all measures a website can implement to increase its searchengine ranking directly within site. To rectify On-Page website issues, we worked on thefollowing activities.
Keyword optimization -
Choosing the right set of keywords is essential to improving the traffic to any website.Analysis and optimization of keywords is a crucial part of SEO.We first created a list of 5K+ keywords on which our client's site ranked. Then we identifiedthe keywords with high volume, low competition, and high conversion rates.Using this criterion, we finalized the 10 keywords and went ahead and optimized them bybuilding the backlinks on these keywords as the anchor text.For our client, we focused on niche-specific and long-tail keywords such as "personal injurylawyer near me"or "truck accident lawyer near me"Since it was super relevant for ourwebsite and had a low keyword difficulty.
As far as SEO is concerned, content plays the most crucial role in ranking a website in thetop search results. The following things were done to improve the content from an SEOperspective:
● Emphasized the service benefits by repeating them several times
● Used power words suited to the psychological need of the service
● Updated a Blog section on the website with new content regularly, including topics such aslegal representation, what rights people have when injured, and who to contact
● Made an FAQ page comprising answers to the frequently asked queries of potentialclients.
Meta Description -
A meta description can influence the clickthrough rate of a web page because searchengines like Google often display the meta description as part of the search results.We optimized the website's meta description by including the most relevant information forthe visitors. As per best SEO practices, we kept the description at 160 characters long,which prevented the meta description from being truncated in the search results whileproviding all the necessary information about the online store.To determine the content of the meta description, we followed these steps:
● Establishing a consistent brand tone for our clients
● Inclusion of keywords relevant to our target audience
● Utilizing trending social headlines, such as law office and legal representation.
● Made sure the meta description was relevant.
Canonical tags -
The canonical tag lets a search engine know which version of a URL you want to appear insearch results. This is one of the biggest SEO concerns, as the law is one of the mostchallenging sectors. Since our client targets various geographical locations across the U.S.,the plugin will generate a unique URL for each version to facilitate local SEO.Each URL will have the same meta title, description, and H1 tag whenever this occurs. Thiscreates duplicate content, which is frowned upon by Google and can negatively affect searchengine ranking.To address this issue, with the help of our development team, we implemented Canonicaltags that indicate which landing pages for each city should be indexed by Google.
2) Off-Page SEO optimization -
Link building -
To boost organic traffic and improve search rankings, link building is the most importantoff-page SEO activity. It aims to increase the number and quality of inbound links to thewebsite.In the past six months, we obtained 30 contextual backlinks for our client through guestpostings on high-quality websites within our client's niche.This significantly helped improve the website's domain rating, which went from a D.R. of 37to a D.R. of 40 within 3 months.
The baseline for significant SEO parameters was established in June 2022 as part of thisproject. After implementing digital marketing strategies in our client's business, we againmeasured the parameters. In all the SEO parameters we had defined at the start of theproject, we saw improvements in all of them.
● Total Monthly Traffic increased by almost 100% more than the start traffic.
● The total number of organic ranking keywords increased by almost 80%
● Website’s Domain Rating spiked due to backlink push.
● Keyword ranking within the top three Google search results has also improved.See what the table and graph look like between June 22' and September 22.'
Before SEO (Jun 2022)
After SEO (Sept 2022)