Keywords are the main driving force behind all the effective Internet searches. They dictate how search engines like Google would rank your websites.
Let’s see how…
- Users type a certain search term
- Search engines scour the web for information on the subject
- Finally, the relevant results are displayed
I’ll be taking you through 6 simple steps which would help you find the most relevant keywords as per your niche. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started.
There are many tools that can be used for finding the keyword ranking like Semrush, Clever Stat, however, I have used Ahref due to its user friendly interface.
1. Just visit the page and enter the name of the site for which would like to find the relevant keywords and their current ranking on search engines like Google
2. Now, click on the organic keyword option as shown below. (Organic keywords are the search terms frequently being used by visitors across the globe to find specific results for which you are being ranked by search engines like Google, Yahoo, etc.)
3. It’s time to dig deeper. As you can see below, you can choose amongst the various countries for which you want to extract the relevant keywords. Just choose your target location and click on the export button and download the file.
4. Once you have downloaded your keyword file, make four additional sheets namely Low Position, High Volume, Low difficulty and refined keywords.
Now, sort the main sheet as per Position and copy the records that have position less than 40 into the sheets “Position” and “Low difficulty”
5. In a similar fashion, sort the main sheet as per volume and copy high volume keywords(>100) into the sheet “High volume” and “Low difficulty”.
6. And yes you are almost there! Your low difficulty sheet now has both high volume and low position keywords. Just skim through it and choose the keywords that have difficulty level between(0-5), low position and high volume.
Now, you can copy your relevant keywords in the “Refined Keywords” sheet.
And yes, you did it!!!
Following the same steps you can analyze your competitors keywords too. This will give you an idea on which keywords are they performing well and on ones they aren’t.
You can leverage this information and focus on keywords you have high probability of being ranked on!!!
Points to remember:
Keyword analysis is not a one time activity, In fact it’s a repeatable process. Keyword selection plays a very important role in your site’s ranking and hence the position in display results.
The keyword should be chosen in such a way that they have high search volume, relatively low competition and are of immense significance to you, only then you would be able to get the best of it.
Vibhav is the Co-founder of Outreach Crayon and CBO at Ebizon. He plays a key role in empowering retail clients to catalyze Digital Marketing, Mobile Commerce & other Futuristic technologies as their #1 competitive advantage.